PROMOTION OF ACCESS TO INFORMATION MANUAL FOR THE EASTERN CAPE DEPARTMENT OF SPORTS, RECREATION, ARTS AND CULTURE
Prepared in terms of section 14 of the Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2000 ( Act No. 2 of 2000)
- Section 32(1)(a) of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, 1996, determines that everyone has a right of access to any information held by the State and any information held by another person that required for the exercise or protection of any rights
- Section 32(2) of the Constitution provides for the enactment of national legislation to give effect to this right, by respecting, protecting, promoting and fulfilment this right.
- The Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2000 ( Act No. 2 of 2000) (PAIA) is the national legislation which was enacted to give effect to the Constitutional right to access to information
- Section 14 of PAIA requires all public bodies to have information manuals to assist third parties on how to request access to records
- This manual is prepared in terms of section 14 of PAIA and the information herein demonstrates the services the Eastern Cape Department of Sports , Recreation , Arts, and Cuture provides and are published in Afrikaans, English , IsiXhosa, and Sesotho