The Department of Sport, Recreation, Arts and Culture (DSRAC) is hosting the Provincial School Sport Games from today, 06 June 2018 in East London. The two day winter games are part of elimination process of athletes that will be selected to represent the province at the annual South African Schools National Championships. Participants in these games emanates from both primary and secondary schools, including the disabled learners.
These future athletes from different schools are representing 8 districts of the province in 9 different sporting codes, namely tennis, rugby, chess, hockey, football, Kho-Kho, Jukskei, netball and volleyball. This constitutes both able bodied and physically challenged athletes.
These games will be played at the following venues:
1. Chess – Lumko Senior Secondary School at Amalinda
2. Football – George Randel Primary School
3. Hockey - Buffalo Flats Hockey Fields
4. Jukskei – Police Park in Cambridge
5. Kho Kho - Lumko Senior Secondary School at Amalinda
6. Netball - George Randel Primary School
7. Rugby – Border Rugby/Buffalo City Rugby Stadium
8. Tennis – Selborne Park
9. Volleyball – Buffalo Flats Primary School
For media queries, contact: